Sunday, July 5, 2009

farewell Melbourne, hello Sydney!

Theme Song of the Day:
  1. "On the Road Again", by Willie Nelson...oldie but a goodie [what, me cliche'd?]


FAREWELL FLINDERS ST


The road trip up to Sydney feels like the first “real” travel I’ve done since embarking on the GreenBackpack’s adventures. Tassie was fantastic, though at the end of that trip I returned to the nest - Melbourne is a very safe space for me, especially when allowing myself to be embraced by the warm cocoon that is my parents’ house.

I was in shape when I arrived in Melbourne, but six weeks of Melbourne lattes, good Aussie beer, and Mum’s cooking has given me a slight pot belly and atrophied my climbing muscles. In fact I no longer have any climbing muscles and will start again at square one if I am ever to be any good at the sport.

There is so much I want to do in Sydney:
➢ Interview Greendrinks Organizers
➢ Interview Flashmobs Mob
➢ Tango Lessons?
➢ Read Mitchener's “The Source”
➢ Read McDonough's “Cradle to Cradle”
➢ Purchase Tent
➢ Purchase Camera
➢ Purchase Camping Stove
➢ Purchase Battery
➢ Solo Camping Trip
➢ Fish off the Rocks
➢ ESL Certification
➢ Copenhagen Brainstorming
➢ Contact Denmark Artist
➢ Rockclimbing Gym x10? x5 mebbe…
➢ Write Every Day
➢ Work Out Every Day
➢ Book Tickets for QLD, NZ, and Japan legs of the journey


WHAT, ME CLICHE'D?


# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment